Join us as we walk in the bootprints of famed explorers and mountaineers on our way to the top of Africa’s tallest peak, hiking through lush rainforests and alpine deserts, across glaciers by day and sleeping closer to the stars than you ever dreamed possible by night.
We’ll take the Lemosho Route, which has a much higher success rate than other routes (98% vs. 60-70% industry average). This scenic, less crowded route offers the best ascent profile on the moutnain, with an extra day for climate acclimatization.
Book a call with one of our Adventure coordinators to learn more!
An 8 day ascent to the roof of Africa!
Starting at Lemosho on the Western side and traversing across the most spectacular parts of the mountain including the Shira plateau, Lava Tower, Barranco valley and up to the summit via Stella Point. Descent is via the Mweka route.
The trip is fully supported with shower tent, spacious walk-in guest tents, bed cots, and pillow as well as a mess tent with lightweight tables and chairs and all cutlery. Trips also include a toilet tent in camp and most importantly knowledgeable professional guides that go through bi-annual training.
Our logistics team at the base monitors your trip from start to finish.
iFIT Adventures are all-inclusive, premium/turnkey travel experiences where your every need is taken care of. Registration includes all lodging, food, activities, equipment, transportation, and logistics support needed for a stress-free, once-in-a-lifetime experience. Air travel to/from destinations is not included.
Professional Guides and Porter Crew
Carry only a daypack as porters transport your luggage and equipment throughout the climb and descent. Our Senior expedition manager is a western-world based (UK) English-speaking world-class climber. We operate bi annual training programs for guides, assistant guides, trainees and camp crews. Our in-house training also incorporates independent professionals from the Red Cross for CPR training and advanced first aid topics. “Constant Monitoring” practices are in place that include pulse oximetry and scorecard monitoring of key aspects of altitude sickness.
3 nights accommodations (double occupancy) at Mount Meru Hotel in Arusha. 8 nights tented accommodations (double occupancy) during the Kilimanjaro hike. Our tents are the largest, most comfortable walk-in sleeping tents with private cots, sleeping bags (-30f), thermal liner, and pillows. Enjoy private toilet, shower, and mess-hall dining facilities with tables, chairs and all plates/cutlery
All Food & Drink
Daily breakfast, (hot) lunch, and dinner all included. The mess tent comes with lightweight tables and chairs and all cutlery. Enjoy a champagne summit toast!
Ground Support and 24/7 Assistance
Enjoy a dedicated on-site camp manager. Far from the typical Kili experience, we’ll be standing by to support any need you may have 24/7. Our team will handle all transportation to/from airports and everywhere else. Click here to learn more about travelling with iFIT.
Meet Your Adventure Leader Knox Robinson
iFIT trainer Knox Robinson is returning to Tanzania to lead you to the top of Kilimanjaro on this once-in-a-lifetime adventure. In 2021, Knox helped runners discover Tanzania in his Foundations of Running series. As leader of this adventure, Knox will take you back to some of the extraordinary places he’s visited in this one-of-a-kind country.
Knox grew up in New York and enjoys jogging, African-style, long-distance running, collecting records, books, and ceramics, and, most of all, making his family happy and proud!
The intimate Kilimanjaro adventure is limited to 20 guests
Participants in the Kilimanjaro Adventure must be 18+
iFIT Adventures are all-inclusive unless otherwise noted. Prices include all lodging, food, drink, ground transportation, activities, and equipment needed for an extraordinary experience. Air travel to/from destinations is not included.
- 3 nights accommodations (double occupancy - one or two beds) at Mount Meru Hotel in Arusha
- 8 nights tented accommodations (double occupancy - 2 beds) during Kilimanjaro hike. The trip is fully supported with shower tent, spacious walk-in guest tents, bed cots, and pillow as well as a mess tent with lightweight tables and chairs and all cutlery. Our trips also include a toilet tent in camp and most importantly knowledgeable professional guides that go through bi annual training. Our logistics team at our base monitors your trip from start to finish.
- Daily breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Additional optional flexibility/mobility/stretching session with your iFIT trainer
- Professional guides and porter crew. We operate bi annual training programs for guides, assistant guides, trainees and camp crews. Our in-house training also incorporates independent professionals from the Red Cross for CPR training and advanced first aid topics. “Constant Monitoring” practices are in place that include pulse oximetry and scorecard monitoring of key aspects of altitude sickness.
- Daily activities as outlined in the itinerary
- Group shuttle transfer to/from Kilimanjaro airport (Recommended arrival windows to be provided, any arrivals outside of these windows are subject to additional transportation fees).
- Pre-arrival planning and onsite experience coordination support
- Passport and Required Entry Documents Fees (It is the sole responsibility of the traveler to ensure all entry requirements are met prior to departure)
- Required COVID-19 testing fees (To meet current Entry and Exit requirements)
- Travel insurance (strongly recommended to protect your investment against the unexpected)
- Any meals not mentioned in the itinerary
- Any activities or services not listed under inclusions
- Any ground transfers outside of recommended arrival/departure windows or locales
Hiking Kilimanjaro is a challenging, 8 day Adventure up to 19,341 feet of altitude. Approximately 35,000 people/year reach the summit. We recommend that you be able to complete a 10 mile hike to participate in this Adventure. You’ll receive a dedicated iFIT training plan to prepare you for the challenge!
You will be able to cancel your reservation within 14 days of booking without penalty. All payments to secure your booking are non-refundable after 14 days. For this reason, we strongly recommend purchasing Travel Insurance. For more information about travel insurance, see the next FAQ.
To protect your investment and the health and safety of all travelers, we strongly recommend purchasing Travel Insurance. Specifically, we recommend the purchase of a ‘Cancel For Any Reason’ policy, or CFAR policy, to provide maximum flexibility and peace-of-mind. A CFAR policy can cover you for: Trip Cancellation & Interruptions, Emergency Medical Treatment and Rescue, Baggage & Personal effects, and more.
Standard trip insurance policies include trip cancellation/interruption coverage for specific reasons such as: illnesses diagnosed by a medical professional, business reasons and named storms, but do not allow flexibility to cancel a trip and secure reimbursement for “any reason”, including border closures, fear of travel, and personal conflicts. For that reason, we invite you to research CFAR policies which come at a premium (typically 50% more than standard policies) and typically cover up to 75% of the trip costs but offer maximum flexibility and protection.
Standard policies must be purchased within 14 days of initial deposit/payment for the most complete coverage, including that of pre-existing medical conditions.
For more information on Supplemental Travel Insurance options and to obtain a quote through our preferred partners, click here:
All Adventure attendees will be required to adhere to the COVID-19 Policy of the country you are traveling to and from. Please see the itinerary for more information or check the government policy here. Note that these policies are subject to change. If they do change, attendees will receive updates from iFIT Adventures.
For the latest COVID-entry requirements, we invite you to visit THIS WEBSITE.
Currently all US visitors to Tanzania are required to provide the following:
- Valid passport with at least 1 blank page and an expiration date at least 6 months beyond your departure date
- Tourist Visa. More information will be provided on obtaining your visa in your pre-trip communication packet.
- Results of a negative PCR COVID-19 test taken within 96 hours of arrival in Tanzania
- Complete a Tanzania Online Health Surveillance Form within 24 hours of arrival to obtain a QR code to present to Health officials upon arrival
- Yellow Fever Vaccination is required for those passengers arriving from, or having transited through, countries where yellow fever is endemic. Direct arrivals from non-endemic countries (including countries in Europe and North America) are usually not required to show a yellow fever vaccination certificate.
- Please consult with your medical provider and the CDC website to determine if additional vaccines/immunizations are recommended prior to travel to Tanzania.
Each of our Adventures are curated to ensure you can relax, feel at ease, and enjoy the experience knowing that all details have been handled. Your dedicated guides/hosts are either right with you, or never further than a phone call/text away. You'll be provided with a detailed daily schedule so you'll always know where to be when. Click here to learn more about travelling with iFIT.
Group shuttle transfer to/from Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO) is included with your registration. Recommended arrival and departure windows will be provided after you register. Any arrivals or departures outside of these windows are subject to additional transportation fees.
You can review a fairly detailed schedule of events here. You’ll receive both a detailed trip-specific digital itinerary pre-departure that will provide real-time trip updates, as well as detailed communication throughout the adventure. Please note that all itineraries are subject to change.
No, airfare to and from this Adventure is not included with registration.
Yes! Group shuttle transfer to/from Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO) is included. Recommended arrival and departure windows will be provided after you register. Any arrivals outside of these windows are subject to additional transportation fees.
Kilimanjaro Adventure attendees will stay in double occupancy tents. Couples (or friends) will share tents (2 beds in each tent). Singles will be paired with another Adventure attendee of the same gender in a two bed tent.
Nights in hotels will be double occupancy, similar to tents but with some larger, shared beds for couples. Single attendees who wish to have their own hotel room will have an opportunity to reserve a private room for an additional $350 (total, not per night).
You’ll be provided with trip-specific packing and gear recommendations ahead of your scheduled departure
Yes! You'll have the chance to let us know about any dietary restrictions/preferences and allergies in your detailed pre-adventure intake form